Here the steps of making it, copied from "mooeleven.wordpress.com.
Classic Victoria Sponge Recipe (for an 8″ round cake)
3 eggs (You will need to weigh them in their shells. Mine weighed 180g)
Exactly the same amount of butter, caster sugar and self-raising flour. (If you only have all-purpose/plain flour, add 1 teaspoon of baking powder [5g] per 100g of flour. Apologies US friends – I think that equates to 1 tsp baking powder for just over 3/4 cup of flour).
Raspberry jam (home-made is lush!)
* Grease and line two 8″ sandwich tins.
* Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F).
* Weigh out your ingredients. (Remember, it is the weight of the eggs in their shells you will base your recipe on). So, if you have eggs that weigh 180g, you will need equivalent weights of butter, sugar and flour.
* High sift your flour into a clean bowl, twice!
* Quickly beat together your eggs in a cup.
* In your free-standing mixer, or using an electric hand whisk, beat your butter until pale and fluffy.
* Add your sugar and beat. Beat it some more. Beat the living daylights out of it!
* Gradually add your eggs, a little at a time. Beat, beat, scrape down, beat, beat and beat. If your mixture curdles, you are being darn impatient! This part takes time, but is vital to a light sponge. Set aside 10 minutes for this part.
* Make a cup of tea. :)
* When your mixture is ‘together’ and isn’t curdling, high sift your flour into the bowl and, by hand, fold it in.
* Spoon the mixture between your two cake tins. For a perfect sponge, weigh the mixture evenly in each tin! Spread it round.
* Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until light golden brown. The top should spring back to the touch and the edges should be pulling away from the sides of the tin.
* Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack.
* When cool, fill with raspberry jam and sandwich the cakes together. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
Friday, 26 July 2013
Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Monday, 22 July 2013
*as you can see These stay light in Color and are not the dark like the red meat koftay
Friday, 19 July 2013
2 tins of thick cream
Tuesday, 16 July 2013